Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Golden Life - Dr. SJS

The Golden Life


The Golden Life was written by Dr. Shawn J. Singletary (Dr. SJS). This was provided during a sesion that Dr. SJS provided to the parents of The Golden Fold (TGF) which was warmly received. On the 2/23/13 session of TGF the Young Leaders ended the session with reciting the statement and became part of our ritualistic closing for TGF.

The Golden Life:
“The focus of my life starts with loving my God, and ends with loving myself; and I will share the love of God with everyone in between. 
I will maintain the highest levels of integrity and personal character. 
I will treat others in the manner I want to be treated. 
I will agree to disagree without being disagreeable. 
I will honestly evaluate myself, and I will seek to increase my positives, and decrease my negatives. 
I will strive for excellence in all areas of my life, and I will continue to grow and seek after knowledge. 
I will never think so highly of myself that I cannot accept constructive criticism. 
I will be accountable for my actions.”
Dr. SJS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Golden Fold Mentor Movement serves youth (males and females) aged 11 – 18 by providing seminar based Big-Brother-type activities in Virginia Beach, Virginia. We employ a Bonding-Presentation-Guidance model. Contact: thegoldenfold @ yahoo (dot) com or call 757-401-1240. The Golden Fold is a "Brothers and Others" Community Improvement activity of the Gamma Xi Chapter of Omega Psi Phi and an Social Action project of the Men of S.A.B.B. of Virginia Beach's Tidewater Community College.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Do not use comments to contact us. Please do not use abusive, profane, or disrespectful language or statements. Asante Sana (Thank you very much) !